03 January 2009|
International campaigns working to challenge and to end the siege on Gaza:
- Viva Palestina: 100 vehicle land convoy which drove from England through western Europe and north Africa to Gaza, via the Rafah crossing in February/March 2009.
- The European Campaign to end the siege on Gaza: sending a convoy to Gaza in May 2009
- CodePink Gaza delegations: US based anti war campaign sending delegations to Gaza
- Palestine Center for Human Rights: Independent human rights organisation based in Gaza City
- Gaza Community Mental Health Programme: NGO working to deliver comprehensive community mental health services to the population of the Gaza Strip
- Palestinian Medical Relief Society: a grass roots, community based health organisation
- End Gaza Siege: Palestinian International campaign to end the siege
- Popular Committee Against Siege (PCAS): is a popular committee established in Gaza Strip on the 25th October 2007. PCAS is a pure popular gathering of thinkers, well-educated, expert people as well as NGO's. We serve and help harmed people from any political or factional affiliation.
- Al Mezan center for human rights: Gaza-based human rights organization
- www.jordanvalleysolidarity.org Network of Palestinian grassroots community groups from all over the Jordan Valley and international supporters
These include blogs written by Palestinians in Gaza and also blogs by internationals working inside the Gaza Strip.
- Fishing under Fire; the blog of the International Campaign of Solidarity with the Palestinian Fishermen
- Farming under Fire: the blog of the International Campaign of Solidarity with Palestinian Farmers in Gaza
- Voice from Gaza: by Ayman T. Quadar, a Palestinian born and raised in Gaza
- Rafah Today: by award winning Gazan journalist, Mohammed Omer
- Gaza Today: by Sameh A. Habeeb, Gazan photojournalist and peace activist
- Tales to Tell (Blog): One of the first FreeGaza participants posts from Gaza
- In Gaza: By a Free Gaza participant and international human rights worker inside Gaza
- Guerillo Radio: Italian blog by Vittorio Arrigoni, currently volunteering inside Gaza (many of his posts are available in translation on Free Gaza news pages)
- Moments of Gaza: by Natalie Abou Shakra, a 21 year old from Lebanon who arrived on the fifth Free Gaza voyage. She is part of the Free Gaza movement and the International Solidarity movement.
- Oxfam Gazablogs: written by Oxfam workers reporting from Gaza
- Writing from Gaza: working on the ground in Gaza
Blogs written by Palestinians currently outside Gaza (including those prevented from returning) and other blogs which focus on Gaza.
- Rod Cox and Gaza: blog by British participant on Viva Palestina convoy, working to establish international links, including an arts project.
- We will remember your name: a place to remember some of the dead of Palestine - with the names of all those who have died in the Gaza massacres and testimony from some of the victims/survivors
- Raising Yousef and Noor: diary of a Palestinian mother from Gaza - Laila El Haddad
- From Gaza with love: by Dr. Mona El Farra, doctor, human rights and women's rights activist from Gaza. Currently posting from outside the Gaza Strip
- Irish in Gaza: a blog by Derek and Jenny, who will go to Gaza as part of Hope Fleet
- Viva Palestina on the Road: Yvonne Ridley reports on the Viva Palestina convoy to Gaza
Links to articles and media with information about the links between Israeli blockade, Gaza's natural gas and the Gazan fishermen
- Geopolitical Time Line: War, Natural Gas and Gaza's Marine Zone; article by David K. Schermerhorn in Global Research
- War and Natural Gas: The Israeli Invasion and Gaza's Offshore Gas Fields
by Michel Chossudovsky, Global Research
- Gaza Gas Fields: Paltelegraph article by Peter Eyre
- UN war crimes team in Gaza: Paltelegraph article by Peter Eyre
- Gaza siege and natural gas: Gaza siege intensified after collapse of natural gas deal by Mark Turner, The Electronic Intifada
- Gaza Marine Natural Gas Deposits: TV interview
with Peter Ayre, Press TV
- Energy Security Challenges for Israel Following the Gaza War: by Gal Luft, Executive Director of the Institute for the Analysis of Global Security, Journal of Energy Security
- War and Gaza's natural gas: A Ramattan TV interview with Alfred Lambremont Webre, international lawyer in Vancouver.
- Let Palestinians Study: Campaigns to secure unrestricted access to overseas education for Palestinians trapped in Gaza by the Israeli government; primarily focusses on
Palestinian students offered places at British universities but also to raise awareness about students offered places at universities across the world.
- Right to Enter: Campaigning for the right to entry/re-entry to the Palestinian occupied territory. 'Denied entry = de facto deportation'
Right to Education: international campaign to defend Palestinians' right to education.
A much more lengthy list of solidarity sites and alternative sources of information are available at Our Endorsers page
- International Solidarity Movement: (ISM) is a Palestinian-led movement committed to resisting the Israeli occupation of Palestinian land using nonviolent, direct-action methods and principles.
- Aloha Palestine: aims to establish a shipping service between Cyprus and Gaza and so connect Gaza to the world by sea
- Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions: ICAHD is a non-violent, direct-action group originally established to oppose and resist Israeli demolition of Palestinian houses in the Occupied Territories.
- Enough!Occupation: UK Coalition of over 40 charities, trade unions, faith and other campaign groups who have come together in their work towards peace for Israelis and Palestinians alike.
B'TSELEM: - The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories, aims to document and educate the Israeli public and policymakers about human rights violations in the Occupied Territories, combat the phenomenon of denial prevalent among the Israeli public, and help create a human rights culture in Israel.
Ground force Gaza: volunteers working to help Palestinian families in Gaza to rebuild their lives
- Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI)
- Global BDS movement: Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions for Palestine
- The BIG (Boycott Israeli Goods) campaign: information and resources for the UK BDS movement
- BRICUP (British Committee for the Universities of Palestine): is an organisation of UK based academics, set up in response to the Palestinian Call for Academic Boycott.
- Who profits? Exposing the Israeli occupation industry: a grass roots investigative initiative to expose companies and corporations involved in the occupation
- Stop the Wall campaign - boycott section: Palestinian grassroots Anti Apartheid wall campaign
- End the occupation: US campaign to end the Israeli occupation
- US campaign for academic and cultural boycott of Israel: US campaign responding to the PACBI call
- Electronic Intifada: Nonprofit news source publishes news, commentary, analysis, and reference materials about the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict from a Palestinian perspective.
- The Palestine Telegraph: 'We will change our world' - online newspaper staffed by volunteers, founded during the Gaza massacres.
- Washington Report on Middle East Affairs:Magazine published in Washington, DC. WRMEA focuses on news and analysis from and about the Middle East and U.S. policy in that region.
|< Prev||Next >|